Have you ever thought about how faith and fitness can go together? 🙏🧘♂️
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
The Bible speaks about how our bodies are temples of the Lord, so why not take care of them?💪 God did not create us so we could sit on the sofa and pig out all day. 🍕🍟📺 Back in Biblical times, everyone was so active; there were no cars, no cell phone distraction, no TV, and they were constantly working in the fields, working for their dinner and eating extremely healthy foods. Back in the “good ol’ days” 😂😂
We have completely changed as a society; we’ve become very lazy, at the computer all day long, on the phone, sitting in front of the television flipping channels, and eating foods filled with preservatives. And guess what??? I’m just as guilty. I can’t say that I’m perfect either, but I have finally learned how important it is to be healthy and serve the Lord.
I am giving you some easy tips on how you can combine your Faith and Fitness. It’s possible to fit both God and your healthy lifestyle into a very busy life. You do not have to set aside hours at the gym or even hours of quiet time to do this. I know you are a very busy lady and you do not have tons of time, so let’s get to it! ⌚🏃♂️
Check out some of my recent posts related to this topic:
FAITH AND FITNESS – God and Your Mornings
Numbero uno, most important, we need to get in time with God every morning. I emphasize this often, check out my blog post: Morning Routine with God
Yes, you can talk to God all day long, (pray while in traffic, listen to worship music, a sermon, and end your day with prayer) but I honestly think starting your day first and foremost with the Lord is the best way, because God is in charge of our schedule. God is in charge of our day, in charge of our jobs, our marriages, the kids, ALL things! So, why not start your day by giving it to God?
FAITH AND FITNESS – Workout Clothes
I want you to put out your workout clothes the night before. I always emphasize working out in the morning, get it out of the way, “GIT R DUN!” You may be saying, “I have to workout at night,” and that is FINE, IF you’re actually going to do it and disciplined enough. BUT…what happens when you get finished with work and you’re exhausted and you make all kinds of excuses as to why you can’t workout. Or you have to pick up the kids, make dinner, clean up the house, etc…. You know all of that happens and the workout is the first to go. This is why it’s important to get the workout done first thing in the morning. Check out this blog post: How to Treat Your Body like God’s Temple
Let’s put out your workout clothes so you see them as soon as you wake up in the morning. Pretty much a big reminder of, “I really have to do this!!”
FAITH AND FITNESS – 5 Minutes with God
Let’s spend just 5 minutes in prayer. I’ve written several blog posts on this topic of how you can easily fit God into your busy life:
All of these blog posts are related to how to fit God in, in the morning, when you only have a few minutes of extra time. Five minutes in prayer, can be as easy as just shutting the bathroom door and saying a five-minute prayer. You can lock yourself in another room, even a closet, and spend 5 minutes in prayer. If you have more time, go for it!! The more you do this, the more consistent you become, you’re going to want to spend more time with Him. God will give you that desire for more time with Him and He will make it happen. I know this for a FACT! I started my days, many years ago, with just 15 minutes and now I sometimes make it 2 hours of quiet time. I look forward to it everyday!!
FAITH AND FITNESS – Workout Time
It’s time to figure out what kind of workout you’re going to do. So many options and none involve a gym.
Go for a walk/run
- HIIT (high intensity interval training) or any Cardio workout at home – I have tons of workouts on my channel. Here is one example of a Circuit workout (cardio + strength) [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsVYbpNXqws[/embedyt]
- Strength training – also don’t need a gym for this. I have many examples on my site. Here’s an easy one to do from anywhere: [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27i7t_l1bFE[/embedyt]
Christian Yoga [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnpBt9RTk-4[/embedyt]
FAITH AND FITNESS – Add God IN
You’ve picked out what you’re going to do, now, we MUST add God into the mix. No, this is not a requirement, but I know how busy you are. So why not workout AND spend time with Him?
- Worship Music – as you’re walking or getting in a cardio workout at home, put on Worship music and use that time as a prayer to God. Sing out loud and pray to Him.
- I’ve got a FREE Gift for you!! Why not download my latest greatest Christian Workout Playlist. This music will have you rockin!! If you have a tough workout to get through, this is some fast music that will get your heart pumpin.
- Podcast or Sermon – there are some great options out there. Elevation Church, Andy Stanley, Rick Warren, Bethel Church, and so many others. As you’re doing your workout, put on a podcast or sermon and listen while you workout. Such a great way to get the Word in from great leaders.
- Prayer – If you’re doing a workout that is a mindless task, such as walking or running, this is a perfect time for prayer. You can get in some great prayer time while you’re alone with God enjoying the outdoors. It’s just you and Him, why not have a long chat with Him. I can’t tell you how much I have learned from Him during my walks.
- Christian Yoga or Meditation – Enjoy some yoga starting with prayer and then put on some worship music or calming music. There are some great Christian instrumental tunes on various music platforms (Spotify, Amazon, Itunes, etc.) I have also added this video I did with morning stretching and prayer time. Such a great way to combine the 2. [embedyt] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqZ6ujIuK-0[/embedyt]
These are just some really simple ways that you, too, can be a Fit Follower of God’s. You are fitting in your fitness and your God time, all at the same time. 🤸♀️✝ And in incorporating that together, it’s a great way of multi-tasking. I don’t always advise multi-tasking because our brains really cannot concentrate on two things at once, but if you are doing something that requires no brain power, like going for a walk, that’s a perfect time to spend in prayer or listening to a sermon/podcast. 🎵🎧
I would love to hear from you… How do you fit your Faith and Fitness in? Or if you have any questions for me on how to fit it in or just how to fit in a healthier lifestyle, ask and ye shall receive!
I’ve got an awesome FREE GIFT for you, just for being my friend!! This will help you get started with Journaling. Get your FREE Guided Journal HERE!
Have you joined my FREE online community of God’s Gals? JOIN HERE!