September 25, 2017
Who’s jumped on the Cauliflower Rice bandwagon? ME!! I absolutely love this healthy alternative to rice. It’s LOW CARB and GRAIN FREE! I think you’ll love it as a rice substitute.
CILANTRO LIME CAULIFLOWER RICE
1 medium head (24 oz) of Cauliflower, rinsed
1 TB EVOO
2 garlic cloves
2 scallions diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 limes
1/4 C Chopped Cilantro
1. Remove the core and let cauliflower dry completely
2. Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in food processor and pulse until it’s small and has the texture of rice – don’t over process or it will get mushy
3. Set aside and repeat with the rest of cauliflower
4. Heat a large saute pan over medium heat, add oil, scallions, and garlic. Saute approximately 3-4 minutes, or until soft.
5. Raise the heat to medium-high and add the cauliflower to the pan. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Remove from heat and place in a medium bowl; toss with cilantro and lime juice
P.S. I added chicken and additional veggies to mine but you can keep it vegetarian or add a protein!
Let me know how you enjoy it….