November 21, 2016
Who Loves Pizza???? My hubby and I just love pizza but we’re eating so much healthier these days, we don’t even want to go to the pizza place for fear our old ways will come back and we’ll devour an entire huge pizza AND breadsticks!! So I was on a mission to hunt down a new way to make pizza.
1 head (Small Head) Cauliflower
¼ cups Parmesan Cheese
¼ cups Mozzarella Cheese
¼ teaspoons Kosher Salt
½ teaspoons Dried Basil
½ teaspoons Dried Oregano
½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
1 Tablespoon Almond Meal (optional)
1 whole Egg
Place a pizza stone in the oven (or baking sheet)
Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- Wash and thoroughly dry a head of cauliflower. Cut off the florets. Pulse in your food processor for about 30 seconds, until you get powdery snow like cauliflower. You should end up with 2 to 3 cups cauliflower “snow”. Place the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl and cover. Cook for 4 minutes. Dump cooked cauliflower onto a clean tea towel and allow to cool for a bit before attempting the next step.
- Once cauliflower is cool enough to handle, wrap it up in the dish towel and wring the heck out of it. You want to squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Dumped squeezed cauliflower into a bowl. Now add Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, kosher salt, dried basil, dried oregano, garlic powder, and a dash of red pepper if you want. Add the almond meal if you feel you don’t have enough cauliflower.
- Now add the egg and mix away. Hands tend to work best.
- Once mixed together, use your hands to form the dough into a crust on your pizza stone.
- Pat it down thoroughly, you want it nice and tightly formed together. Don’t make it too thick or thin either.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes, until it starts to turn golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Start adding your pizza toppings; whatever you like!
- Slide the topped pizza back in the hot oven and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is melted, bubbly, and slightly golden.